7. Words from God should encourage, train and equip the Body of Christ to conform to the image of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-16). I will endeavor to always help the Body of Christ perceive the Person of Christ more clearly and to hunger for Him and His ways (Colossians 1: 8-10, Ephesians 1:17-18)
8. Ephesians 4 ministries are to equip the Body of Christ to receive, develop and mature, rather than to cultivate an audience of spectators for our gifting. Thus, we hold in high regard the priesthood of each believer in Christ (1 Peter 2:5; Romans 8:14; Isaiah 61:6).
A. I commit to preaching sound doctrine rather than dividing the Body of Christ through non-scriptural doctrine designed to amaze my audience and develop a following (2Tim 4:3-4).
B. I will not use the gift God has given me in a reckless manner that might cause others to stumble misunderstand God and His ways (Jeremiah 23:32)
C. I commit to help Christian leaders and trainers discern between the operation of God-given spiritual gifts and human psychic abilities (Daniel 2:27-28; 4:8-9)
D. I commit to help train the Body of Christ to discern between true, Holy Spirit-inspired revelation and mere human intuition, New Age pseudo-spirituality or psychic abilities (1John 4:1)
E. I will intentionally try to communicate revelation and the interpretation of revelation in ways that encourage strengthen, and comfort the recipient(s) of the word (1 Corinthians 14:3)
F. I will seek to avoid prophesying anything that controls or manipulates the lives of others
G. When giving a prophetic word, I will seek to always encourage hearers to biblically and prayerfully weigh it rather than to take it without consideration (1 Corinthians 14:29).
9. I commit to help train the Body of Christ to discern between genuine encounters with God and other pseudo-spiritual experiences, as well as to help the Body of Christ understand the various degrees of revelation and their relative levels of importance.
10. I commit to refusing to prostitute the revelatory gifting God has given me by attaching a fee to a prophetic word* (Micah 3:11).
A. I will not use a prophetic word or prophetic ministry to manipulate people to give financially to me, and or the ministry I lead (2 Peter 2:15).
B. I will not lead people to believe that the prophetic word will be triggered or influenced by a gift
*Accepting honorariums, gifts or travel remuneration is acceptable. This is different than prophesying for agreed amount of money, and is equivalent to a pastor receiving a salary.
II. Concerning My Life in Representing Christ Jesus Prophetically
1. I commit to living, modeling and championing the character of Christ. I believe Christlike
character to be more important than operating out of gifting (2 Corinthians 7:1).
A. I choose to consistently promote and model the ways of Christ more than simply communicate revelation.
B. When it comes to representing Christ Jesus, I believe that I not only have a message, but that I am the
2. I believe that wisdom from above is "reasonable and peaceable." I will place high value on
Christlike humility, and shun prophetic arrogance (James 3:17).
3. I commit to having an accountability group in place to whom I will hold my lifestyle, marriage
and ministry accountable.
A. I commit to living a life free of substance abuse, love of money, extra-marital sex, pornography, pride and
B. I commit to living out God's high value of love and covenant emotionally, spiritually and physically with the
"spouse of my youth," to the best of my ability.
C. I will guard my heart and make a covenant with my eyes not to look upon another in a lustful manner.
4. I commit to being free from both the love of money and the love of appearing successful in the
eyes of man. I commit to choosing venues to host my ministry, based on the leading of the
Holy Spirit as opposed to the size of the crowd or financial remuneration.
5. I commit to being not only a person of prayer and worship but a continual student of the Bible
and the ways of God.
6. I commit to honor the Lord by honoring and strengthening His delegated authority in the Body
A. I will honor and strengthen local pastors and church leaders as God's-appointed shepherds and gatekeepers
for their local congregations.
B. I will not usurp the authority of the local leadership in the Body where I am called to speak.
7. I commit to perceiving myself as a servant to both the church at large and the local church as
God gives me opportunity.
A. I will not view congregations and other ministries as mere platforms, or tools to facilitate my vision and calling.
B. I will not steal another leader's people or leadership in order to build my ministry.
8. I commit to financial, ethical and moral purity, and will not use the Body of Christ to advance
my ministry nor build my own empire. My endeavor is to imitate Jesus' example of
servanthood, and only do as I see the Father doing.
III The Nature of Authentic Prophetic Ministry
1. Bible-centric -Bear/bare witness, expose, declare and establish the truth of Scripture.
2. Salvation-centric - Declare, teach and demonstrate the gospel of the Kingdom of God with
signs and wonders following (Mark 16:20).
3. Jesus-centric - Edify, comfort, encourage and exhort believers and the church in the way to
Jesus as well as the way of Jesus.
4. God-centric - Demonstrate in word, deed and manner the character of the Father: love,
righteousness, justice, compassion, mercy, majesty and holiness.
5. Sovereignty-centric - Bring glory to God alone. His name, His acts, and His Glory are
inseparable. He exercises His will through His Omniscience, Omnipotence, Omnipresence,
Immutability and Eternality, as He chooses.